In 2004-2005, BTLF (Banque de Titres de Langue Française) mandated GPG-Solutions to develop and integrate a new data collection system in ONIX format.
The ONIX norm has come about as a result of the collaboration between publishers, distributors and booksellers, in accordance with the standards set out by the EDItEUR consortium.
GPG-Solutions has proven its ONIX expertise by offering specialized information system and consultancy services for the development of systems under the ONIX standard. Soon, all from the publishing industry will be able to exchange eCommerce data in ONIX format.
With its large experience in this very specialized field, GPG-Solutions began to create, in February 2005, a simple and efficient Exa Éditeur editing tool for distributors and publishers willing to comply with the ONIX norm. By doing this, GPG-Solutions would like to become the leading enterprise for the ONIX norm in French-speaking countries.
In 2009, the Archambault Group has entrusted the implementation of an automated processing ONIX feeds to supply the bibliographic content and its new commercial website JeLis.ca (more info).
Our ONIX services include:
- Integration/Conversion of your existing systems to the ONIX standard;
- As an ONIX expert, GPG-Solutions could help you adapt your data to the BTLF specific format;
- Customization of Exa Éditeur following your specific needs;
- Custom-made computer systems for the book industry;
- Production of DTD / XSD to support and validate ONIX documents.
GPG-Solutions own the followings certification BookNet Gold and Certification ONIX BTLF:
More information on ONIX can be found at the EDItEUR web site